Türkiye Ekonomik Politika Belirsizliği Endeksi
[Turkish Economic Policy Uncertainty Index]
AbstractEconomic policy uncertainty is now widely accepted as one of the leading factors responsible for the global sluggish recovery. Measurement of these uncertainties is a crucial task for recent disccussions on the effects of policy uncertainty on the economic and financial variables. While indices to measure these economic policy uncertainies for several countries have been constructed, there does not exist one for Turkey. This note reviews the concept of economic policy uncertainty index as an economic policy uncertainty measure by presenting US and Europe indices, introduces a similar index for Turkey, and shows that the constructed index can be used as an uncertainty measure.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 49920.
Date of creation: Sep 2013
Date of revision:
Ekonomik Politika Belirsizliği; Türkiye;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- E63 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Comparative or Joint Analysis of Fiscal and Monetary Policy; Stabilization; Treasury Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2013-09-26 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-MAC-2013-09-26 (Macroeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Benjamin Born & Johannes Pfeifer, 2013.
"Policy Risk and the Business Cycle,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
4336, CESifo Group Munich.
- Valentina Colombo, 2013. "Economic policy uncertainty in the US: Does it matter for the Euro Area?," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0160, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Steffen Elstner & Eric Sims & Ruediger Bachmann, 2010.
"Uncertainty and Economic Activity: Evidence from Business Survey Data,"
2010 Meeting Papers
614, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- R?diger Bachmann & Steffen Elstner & Eric R. Sims, 2013. "Uncertainty and Economic Activity: Evidence from Business Survey Data," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 5(2), pages 217-49, April.
- Ruediger Bachmann & Steffen Elstner & Eric R. Sims, 2010. "Uncertainty and Economic Activity: Evidence from Business Survey Data," NBER Working Papers 16143, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Colombo, Valentina, 2013. "Economic policy uncertainty in the US: Does it matter for the Euro area?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 121(1), pages 39-42.
- Antonakakis, Nikolaos & Chatziantoniou, Ioannis & Filis, George, 2013. "Dynamic co-movements of stock market returns, implied volatility and policy uncertainty," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 87-92.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.