Caste and Rural Youth in India: Education, Skills and Employment
AbstractThe present paper examines the changing nature of employment situation of rural youth in India by social group status, during the last two decades. The large part of the analysis in this paper is based on the NSSO quinquennial surveys on employment and unemployment. In this respect we have used the unit record data of three NSS rounds: 50th (1993-94), 61st (2004-05) and 66th (2009-10) and estimations are derived.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 48593.
Date of creation: Jun 2013
Date of revision:
Youth; Youth Employment; Youth Unemployment; Jobless Youth; Rural Youth; Caste; Social Groups; Scheduled Caste; Scheduled Tribes; India;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J08 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics Policies
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-08-05 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Barro, 2012.
"Inflation and Economic Growth,"
CEMA Working Papers, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics
568, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Robert J. Barro, 1995. "Inflation and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc 5326, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- World Bank, 2011. "Poverty and Social Exclusion in India," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, The World Bank, number 2289, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.