Sobre los determinantes de la propensión exportadora de las empresas: ¿Qué nos dicen los datos?
[On the determinants of firms' export propensity]
AbstractIn this paper we analyze the determinants of the export performance firms. The methodology used is reminiscent of that of previous studies. The main novelty is the use of information provided by a specific field work done to effect. The analysis shows that export propensity is growing the more extensive in time is the export experience, and is larger when the company has benefited from state support internationalization. Foreign direct investment by companies not replace export intensity but seems to reinforce it at least to a size threshold of 250 employees. Finally, technology companies classifiable as high or medium-high by OECD standards do show a greater propensity to export.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 45546.
Date of creation: 10 Oct 2012
Date of revision:
Comercio exterior; propensión exportadora; empresa exportadora; Galicia.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- F17 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Forecasting and Simulation
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.