The internalization of SMEs operating in the engineering industry
AbstractThe importance of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the national economies of EU countries has been always growing. For these reasons, the increasing attention is paid to small and mediumsized enterprises also in the Czech economy. The paper is focused on the globalization of small and medium enterprises, in particular, identifying the key success factors of small and medium-sized businesses that operate in the engineering industry. For the purpose of fulﬁ lling the objective of the article, the level of success of SMEs in foreign markets is established with the aggregate indicator of success. Subsequently the results of the primary research among the Czech engineering companies are presented, based on this research the factors aﬀ ecting the success of these entities of engineering industry in foreign markets are deﬁ ned.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 43767.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis ISSN 1211-851.LX(2012): pp. 279-284
small and medium-sized enterprises; foreign markets; success; key success factors; engineering industry;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M00 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - General - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-02-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2013-02-03 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENT-2013-02-03 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-SBM-2013-02-03 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-TRA-2013-02-03 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Man, Thomas W. Y. & Lau, Theresa & Chan, K. F., 2002. "The competitiveness of small and medium enterprises: A conceptualization with focus on entrepreneurial competencies," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 123-142, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.