Da agrariedade á ruralidade: Novos enfoques á economia territorial
[From agriculture to rurality: New approaches in territorial economics]
AbstractIn the first part the paper presents the evolution of the rural develoment theories from 50s to nowadays. Consequently, in the second part, it is addressed the issue of how the transition from subsistance economy, to traditional economy, to agricultural economy, to rural economy could delineate virtuous processes of local development in specific contexts. This concept is futher developed in the third part, where territorial development is analysed in accordance with international studies, and more specifically with European ones, and in the forth where the topic is critically focused in the framework of the Brazilean literature.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 42806.
Date of creation: 06 Apr 2011
Date of revision: 20 May 2011
Publication status: Published in Economía XXXV.30(2010): pp. 79-101
rural develoment theories; integrated local system; territorial economy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- N9 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History
- N56 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - Latin America; Caribbean
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-12-10 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Reardon, Thomas & Berdegue, Julio & Escobar, German, 2001. "Rural Nonfarm Employment and Incomes in Latin America: Overview and Policy Implications," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 395-409, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.