Analisi tecnico-economica di alcuni ecotipi locali di specie orticole in Sicilia
[Technical-economic analysis of some local ecotypes of horticultural species in Sicily]
AbstractThe horticultural sector, that assumes a socio-economic role of great interest for different sicilian areals has, in addition to the international species and variety, also an high number of autochthonous species and varieties, expression of the cultural tradition and local production, which assume considerable importance with respect to the territory of origin, because they are able to generate income and employment and to activate predominantly a question provincial and/or regional, for the limited production. For these local Sicilian cultivars, it’s necessary to broaden the technical-economic management knowledge starting from seed and seedlings activities, located upstream of the production phase. The study's aim is to provide a survey on some species and seed varieties, expression of the sicilian local horticultural heritage (Cavolfiore violetto “Natalino”, Cavolo rapa di Acireale, ecc.), implanted at the "field study" activated in eastern Sicily and at production units available to launch pilot projects on propagation sicilian material.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 41447.
Date of creation: 17 Sep 2012
Date of revision:
Horticultural farms; Horticultural seed varieties; labour timetable; production cost;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- O13 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-30 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2012.
"I nuovi patti di sviluppo dei distretti produttivi in Sicilia. Prime note
[The new development pacts of the productive districts in Sicily. Preliminary notes]," MPRA Paper 42663, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.