Türkiye’deki Hükümetlerin Makroekonomik Performanslarının Bir Karşılaştırması, 1987-2007
[A Comparison of Macroeconomic Performances of Governments in Turkey, 1987-2007]
AbstractIn this paper, a macroeconomic performance index (MEP10) which consists of selected ten indicators is proposed to evaluate the relative performance of Turkish governments by using monthly data for the period of December 1987 – April 2007. According to the multi-staged evaluation process applied in the study, the governments are grouped in three classes: (1) Relatively successful governments: 46. government (December 1987 – November 1989), 48. government (June 1991 – November 1991), 54. government (June 1996 – June 1997), and 59. government (March 2002 – April 2007), (2) Relatively unsuccessful governments: 47. government (November 1989 – June 1991), 49. government (November 1991 – June 1993), 55. government (June 1997 – January 1999) and 53. government (March 1996 – June 1996), and (3) Most unsuccessful governments: 50.-52. governments (June 1993 – March 1996) and 56.-57. governments (January 1999 – November 2002). The monthly performance index is also used to test some hypotheses regarding the relationship between the length of the governments’ term of office and their macroeconomic performances.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 3962.
Date of creation: 10 Jul 2007
Date of revision:
Okun's misery index; macroeconomic performance; macroeconomic stability; governments; political stability; general elections; economic crises; Turkish economy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O53 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
- E65 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Studies of Particular Policy Episodes
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-07-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2007-07-20 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-CWA-2007-07-20 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-HIS-2007-07-20 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MAC-2007-07-20 (Macroeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Laurens Cherchye, 2001. "Using data envelopment analysis to assess macroeconomic policy performance," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(3), pages 407-416.
- Wim Moesen & Laurens Cherchye, 1998.
"The Macroeconomic Performance of Nations Measurement and Perception,"
Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers
ces9822, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- Wim Moesen & Laurens Cherchye, 1998. "The Macroeconomic Performance of Nations: Measurement and Perception," Public Economics Working Paper Series ces9822, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën, Working Group Public Economics.
- Knox Lovell, C. A. & Pastor, Jesus T. & Turner, Judi A., 1995. "Measuring macroeconomic performance in the OECD: A comparison of European and non-European countries," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 507-518, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.