Formation professionnelle et croissance économique Quelles interactions dans les cas du Maroc et la Tunisie ?
[Professional training and economic growth: What interactions in Morocco and Tunisia?]
AbstractWe use the Solow augmented model to quantify the long-term determinants of growth in Morocco and Tunisia. In the Tunisian case, these later are the capital in the broad sense (physical and human), the growth of the population and the lagged GDP (what confirms the occurrence of the catching-up phenomenon). In Morocco, we find the same variables except the capital (in the broad sense) which is not always significant. If at the level of the general training Tunisia is more successful than Morocco, at the level of the professional training Morocco is better than Tunisia.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 38222.
Date of creation: Aug 2008
Date of revision:
Solow augmented model; Human capital; Professional training;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- E23 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Production
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Caselli, Francesco & Esquivel, Gerardo & Lefort, Fernando, 1996.
" Reopening the Convergence Debate: A New Look at Cross-Country Growth Empirics,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 363-89, September.
- Francesco Caselli & Gerardo Esquivel & Fernando Lefort, 1997. "Reopening the Convergence Debate: A New Look at Cross-Country Growth Empirics," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 03, Central Bank of Chile.
- Coen Teuling & Thijs van Rens, 2001.
"Education, growth and income inequality,"
Economics Working Papers
942, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 2006.
- Teulings, Coen N & van Rens, Thijs, 2003. "Education, Growth and Income Inequality," CEPR Discussion Papers 3863, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Coen N. Teulings & Thijs van Rens, 2002. "Education, Growth and Income Inequality," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 02-001/3, Tinbergen Institute, revised 05 Mar 2003.
- Thijs van Rens, 2002. "Education, Growth and Income Inequality," CESifo Working Paper Series 653, CESifo Group Munich.
- Islam, Nazrul, 1995. "Growth Empirics: A Panel Data Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 110(4), pages 1127-70, November.
- Khalid Sekkat, 2004. "The sources of growth in Morocco: an empirical analysis in a regional perspective," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/7356, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- bouoiyour, jamal, 2008.
"Diaspora et dévelopement: Quelles intercations dans le cas marocain?
[Diaspora and developement: What intercations in the Moroccan case?]," MPRA Paper 37216, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jamal bouoiyour & Al Akhawayn, 2005. "Labour Productivity, Technological Gap and Spillovers Evidence from Moroccan Manufacturing Industries," The African Finance Journal, Africagrowth Institute, vol. 7(2), pages 1-17.
- Jamal Bouoiyour & Hicham Hanchane & El Mouhoub Mouhoud, 2009. "Investissements directs étrangers et productivité. Quelles interactions dans le cas des pays du Moyen Orient et d'Afrique du Nord ?," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 60(1), pages 109-131.
- bouoiyour, jamal, 2009.
"La formation professionnelle en Tunisie: Forces et faiblesses
[Vocational training in Tunisia Strengths and weaknesses]," MPRA Paper 29033, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2011.
- Bouoiyour, Jamal & Dumas, Audrey & Hanchane, Said, 2008.
"Qualité de la formation professionnelle initiale au Maroc et impact des actions de formation continue sur les performances des entreprises marocaines
[Quality of initial vocational training in Mor," MPRA Paper 38223, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Baccouche, Rafik & Bouoiyour, Jamal & Hatem, M’Henni & Mouley, Sami, 2008.
"Dynamique des investissements, mutations sectorielles et convertibilité du compte de capital : impacts des mesures de libéralisation et expériences comparées Tunisie - Maroc
[Dynamics of invest," MPRA Paper 38148, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.