Matriz de insumo-produto para a economia turística brasileira: construção e análise das relações intersetoriais
[Input-output matrix for the Brazilian tourism economy: construction and analysis of intersectoral relationships]
AbstractThis study aimed to analyze the tourism contributions to the Brazilian economy, considering the productive framework of 1999. For that, it was aimed to characterize the inter-sectors relations focusing on sectors that form the tourism segment. In order to perform this study, it was needed to share the inputoutput matrix constituted to the country into sectors which were considered touristy and non-touristy. In the analysis, it was used, the linkage index of Hirschmann-Rasmussem, the field of influence, the pure linkage. The linkages inter-sector indexes allowed the identification of key-sectors, considering the input-output model here developed and the level of aggregation used. Among the sectors classified as key-sectors, using the most extensive concept, six (06) were initially considered as compounds of the tourism segment: regular air transport, non-regular air transport, travel agents and agencies, supporting activities of air transport, hotels and other types of temporary accommodation, restaurants and other food establishments. In face of this, it is pointed out the importance of implementing policies and programs to promote the development of the sector of tourism in Brazil, considering that tourism contributes to the growth of the national economy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 37963.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
input-output; tourism; key-sectors;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guilhoto, J. J. M. & Sonis, M. & Hewings, G. J. D., 2005. "Linkages and Multipliers in a Multiregional Framework: Integration of Alternative Approaches," MPRA Paper 38213, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Leontief,W., 2009. "Structure, System and Economic Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521109062, October.
- Takasago, Milene & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & Mollo, Maria de Lourdes Rollemberg & Andrade, Joaquim Pinto de, 2010.
"O potencial criador de emprego e renda do turismo no Brasil
[The potential to create employment and income from tourism in Brazil]," MPRA Paper 30693, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.