Precios hedónicos para valoración de atributos de viviendas sociales en la Región Metropolitana de Santiago
AbstractIn this paper, an hedonic pricing model is used to measure non-market attribute valuation in Social Housing Programs in Santiago de Chile. Implicit marginal prices are calculated as first stage Rosen estimates for attributes such as distance to different services, number of rooms of each type, and availability of warm water and connection to the sewage network. Distance implicit prices were calculated as the difference between coefficients of dummy variables which measured different distance levels. Results reveal non-linearity in the value of distances. Also, the number of rooms (especially bathrooms), as well as access to warm water and sewage system were highly valued.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 378.
Date of creation: Dec 2005
Date of revision:
hedonic modeling; social housing programs; attribute valuation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- H42 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Publicly Provided Private Goods
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-11-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2006-11-12 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-LAM-2006-11-12 (Central & South America)
- NEP-PPM-2006-11-12 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-URE-2006-11-12 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eugenio Figueroa & George Lever, 1992. "Determinantes del precio de la vivienda en Santiago: Una estimaciÃ³n hedÃ³nica," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 19(1 Year 19), pages 67-84, June.
- Epple, Dennis, 1987. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Estimating Demand and Supply Functions for Differentiated Products," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(1), pages 59-80, February.
- repec:fth:harver:1475 is not listed on IDEAS
- Idrovo Aguirre, Byron & Lennon S., Joaquín, 2011.
"Indice de Precios de Viviendas Nuevas para el Gran Santiago
[Hedonic pricing models to calculate price indexes for new houses in the Santiago province]," MPRA Paper 31400, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 28 Jan 2011.
- AndrÃ©s Sagner, 2009. "Determinantes del Precio de Viviendas en Chile," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile, Central Bank of Chile 549, Central Bank of Chile.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.