Financial Management of Weather Risk with Energy Derivatives
AbstractIn this paper we describe the major issues in the weather risk management. We focus on the management of financial risks connected with weather. We first provide a general discussion of the impact of weather on the economy. Then we follow with the overview of the development of the weather risk management. The core of the paper in then devoted to the role of weather derivatives as financial tools for weather risk management.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 35037.
Date of creation: 26 Nov 2011
Date of revision:
Financial risk; Weather risk; Derivatives; Energy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2011-12-13 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-12-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2011-12-13 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-RMG-2011-12-13 (Risk Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sean D. Campbell & Francis X. Diebold, 2002.
"Weather Forecasting for Weather Derivatives,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania
02-42, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Sean D. Campbell & Francis X. Diebold, 2005. "Weather Forecasting for Weather Derivatives," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 6-16, March.
- Campbell, Sean D. & Diebold, Francis X., 2004. "Weather forecasting for weather derivatives," CFS Working Paper Series 2004/10, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Sean D. Campbell & Francis X. Diebold, 2003. "Weather Forecasting for Weather Derivatives," NBER Working Papers 10141, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adam Clements & A S Hurn & K A Lindsay, 2008. "Estimating the Payoffs of Temperature-based Weather Derivatives," NCER Working Paper Series, National Centre for Econometric Research 33, National Centre for Econometric Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.