Progrès accomplis dans le cadre de la stratégie pour la croissance et la réduction de la pauvreté au Sénégal
[Progress under the Growth and Poverty Reduction Strategy of Senegal]
AbstractThis article analyses the evolution of poverty and living conditions in Senegal using household surveys conducted over 2005-2009 within the context of the country’s efforts to achieve by 2015 the targets set forth under the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). The article was prepared as part of the evaluation of the PRSP II (Growth and Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper 2006-2010) implemented in recent years. Despite efforts in several areas, simulations suggest that poverty has remained stable between 2005/06 and 2009, and it is unlikely that the country will reach the MDG target of reducing poverty by half by 2015. It is also unlikely that the target of universal primary schooling will be achieved. However, results are better in other areas. Access to electricity and drinking water is improving, as is access to basic facilities in villages.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 34419.
Date of creation: Sep 2010
Date of revision:
Keywords: Poverty; Basic services; Senegal;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christiaensen, Luc & Scott, Christopher & Wodon, Quentin, 2002. "Poverty Measurement and Analysis," MPRA Paper 45362, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Djibril Ndoye & Franck Adoho & Prospère Backiny-Yetna & Mariama Fall & Papa Thiecouta Ndiaye & Quentin Wodon, 2009.
"Tendance et profil de la pauvreté au Sénégal de 1994 à 2006,"
Perspective Afrique, Association Africaine pour les Sciences sociales,
Association Africaine pour les Sciences sociales, vol. 4(1-3), pages 1-29.
- Ndoye, Djibril & Adoho, Franck & Backiny-Yetna, Prospere & Fall, Mariama & Ndaye, Papa Thiecouta & Wodon, Quentin, 2009.
"Tendance et profil de la pauvreté au Sénégal de 1994 à 2006
[Poverty Trend and Profile for Senegal from 1994 to 2006]," MPRA Paper 27751, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ndoye, Djibril & Adoho, Franck & Backiny-Yetna, Prospere & Fall, Mariama & Ndaye, Papa Thiecouta & Wodon, Quentin, 2009. "Tendance et profil de la pauvreté au Sénégal de 1994 à 2006
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.