Tendance et profil de la pauvreté au Sénégal de 1994 à 2006
[Poverty Trend and Profile for Senegal from 1994 to 2006]
AbstractThis paper provides comparable estimates of poverty in Senegal from 1994 to 20076 using household surveys (ESAM I, ESAM II, and ESPS). Nationally, the share of the population in poverty was reduced from 67.9% in 1994/95 to 57.1% in 2001/02, and finally 50.8% in 2005/06. Poverty was reduced more significantly in urban than in rural areas, and large differences in poverty measures persist according to a wide range of household characteristics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 27751.
Date of creation: Sep 2009
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Perspective Afrique 4.1-3, A(2009): pp. 1-29
Other versions of this item:
- Djibril Ndoye & Franck Adoho & Prospère Backiny-Yetna & Mariama Fall & Papa Thiecouta Ndiaye & Quentin Wodon, 2009. "Tendance et profil de la pauvreté au Sénégal de 1994 à 2006," Perspective Afrique, Association Africaine pour les Sciences sociales, vol. 4(1-3), pages 1-29.
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-66, May.
- Maurizio Bussolo & Rafael E. De Hoyos, 2009. "Gender Aspects of the Trade and Poverty Nexus : A Macro-Micro Approach," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13264, March.
- Christiaensen, Luc & Scott, Christopher & Wodon, Quentin, 2002. "Poverty Measurement and Analysis," MPRA Paper 45362, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Azam, Jean-Paul & Dia, Magueye & Tsimpo, Clarence & Wodon, Quentin, 2007. "Has Growth in Senegal After the 1994 Devaluation Been Pro-Poor?," MPRA Paper 11110, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jeanne Koopman, 2009. "Globalization, Gender, and Poverty in the Senegal River Valley," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 253-285.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua, 2003.
"Measuring pro-poor growth,"
Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 93-99, January.
- Dorothee Boccanfuso & Antonio Estache & Luc Savard, 2009. "A Macro-Micro Analysis of the Effects of Electricity Reform in Senegal on Poverty and Distribution," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(3), pages 351-368.
- Backiny-Yetna, Prospère & Camara, Mayacine & Ndoye, Djibril & Ndiaye, Papa Thiecouta & Tsimpo, Clarence & Wodon, Quentin, 2010.
"Progrès accomplis dans le cadre de la stratégie pour la croissance et la réduction de la pauvreté au Sénégal
[Progress under the Growth and Poverty Reduction Strategy of Senegal]," MPRA Paper 34419, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fall, Abdou & Salmon, Léa & Wodon, Quentin, 2010.
"Impact sur la pauvreté et perceptions de la crise économique au Sénégal: Analyses quantitative et qualitative
[Impact on Poverty and Perceptions of the Economic Crisis in Senegal: Quantitative ," MPRA Paper 34417, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.