A non linear model of the new economic geography for Portugal
AbstractWith this work we try to present a non linear model for Portugal based on the new economic geography. We built the model taking into account an analyse about the agglomeration process in Portugal, using the New Economic Geography models, in a non linear way . In a non linear way, of referring, as summary conclusion, that with this work the existence of increasing returns to scale and low transport cost, in the Portuguese regions, was proven and, because this, the existence of agglomeration in Portugal.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 33507.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
new economic geography; non linear models; Portuguese regions;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- C20 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - General
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-01 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vitor Joao Pereira Domingues Martinho, 2011.
"Regional Agglomeration in Portugal: A Linear Analysis,"
- Martinho, Vítor João Pereira Domingues, 2011. "Regional agglomeration in Portugal: a linear analysis," MPRA Paper 32337, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martinho, Vítor João Pereira Domingues, 2011.
"The importance of increasing returns to scale in the process of agglomeration in Portugal: A non linear empirical analysis,"
32204, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vitor Joao Pereira Domingues Martinho, 2011. "The Importance of Increasing Returns to Scale in the Process of Agglomeration in Portugal: A Non-linear Empirical Analysis," Papers 1110.5538, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.