AbstractAfter the collapse of USSR, Communism came to an end in 1990 and Capitalism emerged alone as the only feasible way to organize a modern economy. But the recent financial crisis which erupted in the US and spread almost in the entire globe proved Capitalism as well a failed economic system. Laissez Faire/Non intervention in the market which is the essence of capitalism was the reason for the current financial crisis. The hegemonic west propagates the rules of capitalism through the subject of economics. The professional job of economist is either to create new models or extend the existing one which always gives misleading results for understanding the ground realities of the Universe. For more than 100 years this tradition was unable to give a single solid discovery. Since there is no concept of intervention in the economic affairs of individuals as well as states therefore immoral and unfair practices are used without any hesitation for running the affairs of business. Ground reality exhibits that the science of economics can claim neither scientific laws nor universal truths. In short there is utmost need for reassessing the entire academy of mainstream Economics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 31238.
Date of creation: 01 Oct 2010
Date of revision: 01 Jun 2011
Errors in capitalism; Unreal; irrelevant and schlock Economics;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- C00 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-06-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2011-06-11 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2011-06-11 (Post Keynesian Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nam, Yunju & Han, Chang-Keun, 2010. "A new approach to promote economic independence among at-risk children: Child Development Accounts (CDAs) in Korea," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 1548-1554, November.
- Andrea-Rosalinde Hofer & Jonathan Potter & Alain Fayolle & Magnus Gulbrandsen & Paul Hannon & Rebecca Harding & Åsa Lindholm Dahlstrand & Phillip H. Phan, 2010. "From Strategy to Practice in University Entrepreneurship Support: Strengthening Entrepreneurship and Local Economic Development in Eastern Germany: Youth, Entrepreneurship and Innovation," OECD Local Economic and Employment Development (LEED) Working Papers 2010/9, OECD Publishing.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.