How to offset the negative trend growth rate in the Italian economy?
AbstractThe trend growth rate of the Italian economy has been declining since the 1980s. To examine how to offset this trend, we estimate a simple specification of an endogenous growth model. Cointegrating equations for the long-run output growth and its determinants are estimated with alternative time series methods. Our results imply that policies to double trade openness are necessary.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 26421.
Date of creation: 03 Nov 2010
Date of revision:
Economic Growth; Trade Openness; Italy;
Other versions of this item:
- Rao, B. Bhaskara & Antonio, Paradiso, 2010. "How to offset the negative trend growth rate in the Italian economy?," MPRA Paper 26557, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barro, Robert J. & Lee, Jong Wha, 2013.
"A new data set of educational attainment in the world, 1950–2010,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 184-198.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2010. "A New Data Set of Educational Attainment in the World, 1950–2010," NBER Working Papers 15902, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- B. Bhaskara Rao, 2010.
"Time-series econometrics of growth-models: a guide for applied economists,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(1), pages 73-86.
- Rao, B. Bhaskara, 2006. "Time Series Econometrics of Growth Models: A Guide for Applied Economists," MPRA Paper 1547, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.