Estimates of the Steady State Growth Rates for Ireland
AbstractThis paper estimates the steady state growth rate for Ireland with an extended version of the Solow (1956) growth model. We show that the education and trade openness have played an important role to improve the long-run growth rate. Policies to further improve the long-run growth rate are suggested.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 30595.
Date of creation: 22 Apr 2011
Date of revision:
SSGR; Economic Growth; Trade Openness; Education; Ireland.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2010.
"A New Data Set of Educational Attainment in the World, 1950–2010,"
NBER Working Papers
15902, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J. & Lee, Jong Wha, 2013. "A new data set of educational attainment in the world, 1950–2010," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 184-198.
- B. Bhaskara Rao, 2010.
"Time-series econometrics of growth-models: a guide for applied economists,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(1), pages 73-86.
- Rao, B. Bhaskara, 2006. "Time Series Econometrics of Growth Models: A Guide for Applied Economists," MPRA Paper 1547, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.