Examining the Link between Visitors' Motivations and Convention Destination Image
AbstractThis study aims to devise measures to develop tourism in the metropolis of Gwangju, emphasizing the activation of KimDaeJung Convention Centre which opened in September 2005 with its inaugurating exhibition. The purpose of this study is to suggest the direction for making a value added business of Exhibition & Convention with making use of the appealing tourism source of Gwangju KimDaeJung Convention Centre. Data were collected from 258 in the ‘2006 Gwangju•Jeonnam Regional Innovation Convention & Exposition’ which was held at Gwangju KimDaeJung Convention Centre. It was followed by reliability and adequacy and carried out ANOVA. Results suggested that KimDaeJung Convention Centre has to have a differentiate plan from others, for example, the improvement of traffic system and accommodation for tourists, the development of tourism products related to around sightseeing places, the program developing a substantial course of ‘city tour bus’ and the database of tourism information.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 25287.
Date of creation: 26 Nov 2008
Date of revision: 17 Feb 2009
Publication status: Published in TOURISMOS: An International Multidisciplinary Journal of Tourism 2.4(2009): pp. 29-45
convention; motivation; destination image; Gwangju; KimDaeJung Convention Centre; Korea;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- M1 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moorman, Christine & Matulich, Erika, 1993. " A Model of Consumers' Preventive Health Behaviors: The Role of Health Motivation and Health Ability," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(2), pages 208-28, September.
- Celsi, Richard L & Olson, Jerry C, 1988. " The Role of Involvement in Attention and Comprehension Processes," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(2), pages 210-24, September.
- Kaufmann, Rudi & Gronau, Werner & Sakkadas, Savvas, 2011. "Nicosia-Concerted Retailing and Tourism Strategies to Awaken a Neglekted and Sleeping Beauty," MPRA Paper 29702, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.