Theorem of existence of ruptures in probability scale. Preliminary short version
AbstractThe theorems of existence of the ruptures have been proved. The ruptures can exist near the borders of finite intervals and of the probability scale. The theorems can be used, e.g., in economics and forecasting.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 23319.
Date of creation: 15 Jun 2010
Date of revision:
probability; economics; forecasting; planning; modeling; modelling; simulation; utility; decisions; uncertainty;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- O2 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy
- H3 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- E47 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-06-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-FOR-2010-06-26 (Forecasting)
- NEP-UPT-2010-06-26 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniel Kahneman & Richard H. Thaler, 2006. "Anomalies: Utility Maximization and Experienced Utility," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 221-234, Winter.
- Harin, Alexander, 2010. "The ruptures in the probability scale and some problems of modelling," EconStor Conference Papers 57846, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.