Goodwin’s Lotka-Volterra Model in Disaggregative Form: A Note
AbstractThis paper investigates Goodwin’s Lotka-Volterra model in disaggregative form. It is found that the dynamic behavior of the model depends on the material input coefficients matrix.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 22975.
Date of creation: 29 May 2010
Date of revision:
Goodwin’s Lotka-Volterra model; principal coordinates; disaggregated models; multiple degree of freedom system;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Goodwin, Richard M, 1986. "Swinging along the Turnpike with von Neumann and Sraffa," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(3), pages 203-10, September.
- Albert Steenge, 1995. "Sraffa and Goodwin: A unifying framework for standards of value in the income distribution problem," Journal of Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 62(1), pages 55-75, February.
- Boggio, Luciano, 1991. "On Goodwin's method of principal coordinates," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 93-98, June.
- Aruka, Yuji, 1991. "Generalized Goodwin's theorems on general coordinates," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 69-91, June.
- A. W. Coats, 1996. "Introduction," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, Duke University Press, vol. 28(5), pages 3-11, Supplemen.
- Nelson H. Barbosa-Filho & Lance Taylor, 2006. "Distributive And Demand Cycles In The Us Economy-A Structuralist Goodwin Model," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(3), pages 389-411, 07.
- Desai, Meghnad & Henry, Brian & Mosley, Alexander & Pemberton, Malcolm, 2006. "A clarification of the Goodwin model of the growth cycle," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 2661-2670, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.