Эволюционная Теория Экономической Политики: Часть I: Опыт Быстрого Развития
[An Evolutionary Theory of Economic Policy: Part I: The Experience of Fast Development]
AbstractThis article presents the first part of the work on how instruments and methods of the growth promotion should change as a country approaches the level of advanced economies in terms of welfare and the quality of institutions. We describe the evolution of economic policies in Western countries and also in countries that became known as "economic miracles" during their catch up development. Our analysis allows to trace the major directions of such evolution: from import substitution to export orientation, from regulation of import tariffs to non-selective policy of the real exchange rate undervaluation, from import of technology to domestically based research and development, from creation of large companies to support of small and medium-size firms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 22168.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
economic growth; institutions; "economic miracles";
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Polterovich, Victor & Popov, Vladimir, 2003. "Accumulation of Foreign Exchange Reserves and Long Term Growth," MPRA Paper 20069, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francisco Rodriguez & Dani Rodrik, 2001.
"Trade Policy and Economic Growth: A Skeptic's Guide to the Cross-National Evidence,"
NBER Chapters, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc,
in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2000, Volume 15, pages 261-338
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francisco Rodriguez & Dani Rodrik, 1999. "Trade Policy and Economic Growth: a Skeptic's Guide to the Cross-National Evidence," Working Papers, Economic Research Forum 9912, Economic Research Forum, revised Apr 1999.
- Rodríguez, Francisco & Rodrik, Dani, 1999. "Trade Policy and Economic Growth: A Sceptic's Guide to the Cross-National Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers 2143, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.