How monetary policy affects poverty: nexus and consequences
AbstractThis case study provides some interesting insights and phenomena. It was observed that how monetary policy badly affected the poverty situation in Pakistan. This study covers three important aspects of the socio-economic changes in Pakistan in the recent past. First it describes the macroeconomic growth in the different political regimes. Second aspect of the study is to assess the poverty levels in Pakistan. In this part, we have compared the poverty in Pakistan with the selected countries and trends over the period have also been shown. Third aspect of the study is to identify the impact and contribution of monetary policy in poverty and income distribution.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 18657.
Date of creation: 04 Mar 2008
Date of revision: 07 Dec 2008
monetary policy; poverty; inflation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1986.
"Large Shareholders and Corporate Control,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 461-88, June.
- Tobin, James, 1969. "A General Equilibrium Approach to Monetary Theory," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 15-29, February.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1988. " Corporate Finance and Corporate Governance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, American Finance Association, vol. 43(3), pages 567-91, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.