Analýza volatility devizových kurzů vybraných ekonomik
[The Analysis of Volatility of Selected Countries' Exchange Rates]
AbstractThis paper is focused on the historical development of selected exchange rates' volatility, that is: AUD, CAD, DEM, DKK, EUR, FRF, GBP, JPY, SEK and CHF against USD. The paper aims to show that relatively large increment of exchange markets' volatility is nothing special in the historical context considering the lenght and the extent.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 15046.
Date of creation: 20 Dec 2008
Date of revision:
exchange; rate; volatility; ARCH; GARCH;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Armando MÃƒÂ©ndez Morales, 2001. "Czech Koruna and Polish Zloty," IMF Working Papers 01/120, International Monetary Fund.
- Ana Fostel & Sandeep Kapur & Luis CatÃƒÂ£o, 2007. "Persistent Gaps, Volatility Types, and Default Traps," IMF Working Papers 07/148, International Monetary Fund.
- Engle, Robert F & Lilien, David M & Robins, Russell P, 1987. "Estimating Time Varying Risk Premia in the Term Structure: The Arch-M Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 391-407, March.
- Noureddine Krichene, 2003. "Modeling Stochastic Volatility with Application to Stock Returns," IMF Working Papers 03/125, International Monetary Fund.
- Burcu Aydin, 2008. "Banking Structure and Credit Growth in Central and Eastern European Countries," IMF Working Papers 08/215, International Monetary Fund.
- Rebecca McCaughrin & Simon Gray & Alexandre Chailloux, 2008. "Central Bank Collateral Frameworks," IMF Working Papers 08/222, International Monetary Fund.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Juraj StanÃ¨Ãk, 2007. "Determinants of Exchange-Rate Volatility: The Case of the New EU Members," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 57(9-10), pages 414-432, October.
- Turgut KÄ±sÄ±nbay, 2010.
"Predictive ability of asymmetric volatility models at medium-term horizons,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(30), pages 3813-3829.
- Turgut Kisinbay, 2003. "Predictive Ability of Asymmetric Volatility Models At Medium-Term Horizons," IMF Working Papers 03/131, International Monetary Fund.
- IstvÃƒÂ¡n P. SzÃƒÂ©kely & ÃƒdÃƒÂ¡m KÃƒÂ³bor, 2004. "Foreign Exchange Market Volatility in Eu Accession Countries in the Run-Up to Euro Adoption," IMF Working Papers 04/16, International Monetary Fund.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
- Jorge IvÃƒÂ¡n Canales Kriljenko & Karl Friedrich Habermeier, 2004. "Structural Factors Affecting Exchange Rate Volatility," IMF Working Papers 04/147, International Monetary Fund.
- Marcus Pramor & Natalia T. Tamirisa, 2006. "Common Volatility Trends in the Central and Eastern European Currencies and the Euro," IMF Working Papers 06/206, International Monetary Fund.
- Kobor, Adam & Szekely, Istvan P., 2004. "Foreign exchange market volatility in EU accession countries in the run-up to Euro adoption: weathering uncharted waters," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 337-352, December.
- Noureddine Krichene, 2004. "Deriving Market Expectations for the Euro-Dollar Exchange Rate From Option Prices," IMF Working Papers 04/196, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.