Regional Competitiveness of Tourism Cluster: A Conceptual Model Proposal
AbstractTourism is characterized for being a sector that has been highlighted as one of the activities with greatest potential for expansion on a global scale. For its growth potential and for being a product that can only be consumed in loco, tourism accepts the prominence role of being a strategy for local development. In this context the search for competitiveness is one of the key concerns of companies around the world. As clusters being a competent tool in companies’ performance, in regional development and in countries’ competitiveness, it is important to analyze its potential in tourism. This research aims to propose a conceptual model to analyze how a tourism cluster encourages its regional competitiveness.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 14853.
Date of creation: 25 Apr 2009
Date of revision:
Cluster; Tourism; Regional Development; and Competitiveness;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O25 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Industrial Policy
- R0 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- D00 - Microeconomics - - General - - - General
- M20 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - General
- L00 - Industrial Organization - - General - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-05-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2009-05-02 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-GEO-2009-05-02 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-TUR-2009-05-02 (Tourism Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2003.
"Deconstructing clusters: chaotic concept or policy panacea?,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 5-35, January.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2002. "Deconstructing Clusters: Chaotic Concept or Policy Panacea," ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers wp244, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
- Francesco Capone, 2004. "Regional competitiveness in tourist local systems," ERSA conference papers ersa04p627, European Regional Science Association.
- Sten Engelstoft & Chris Jensen-Butler & Ian Smith & Lars Winther, 2006. "Industrial clusters in Denmark: Theory and empirical evidence," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(1), pages 73-98, 03.
- Hector Rocha, 2004. "Entrepreneurship and Development: The Role of Clusters," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 23(5), pages 363-400, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.