The scientific way of thinking in statistics, statistical physics and quantum mechanics
AbstractThis paper focuses on the way of thinking in both classical and modern Physics and Statistics, Statistical Mechanics or Statistical Physics and Quantum Mechanics. These different statistical ways of thinking and their specific methods have generated new fields for new activities and new scientific disciplines, like Econophysics (between Economics and Physics), Sociophysics (between Sociology and Physics), Mediaphysics (between all media and comunication sciences), etc. After describing some recent definitions of statistical thinking, implications of statistical education for developing Econophysics, Sociophysics, Mediaphysics, etc. from Statistical and Quantum Mechanics are discussed. Several opinions are given as a direct liaison between the classical and modern statistical sciences and thoughts of a scientific research in general. The main conclusion is that Statistics developing habits of mind for Statistical Physics in Econophysics, for the Quantum Mechanics in Quantum Physics, for the Sociology in Sociophysics will be essential for the future of all.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 14093.
Date of creation: May 2008
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Romanian Statistical Review 11.13(2008): pp. 13-23
Statistics; Statistical Physics; Quantum Mechanics; Econophysics; Sociophysics;
Other versions of this item:
- Săvoiu, Gheorghe, 2008. "The scientifiv way of thinking in statistics, statistical physics and quantum mechanics," MPRA Paper 13558, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Z19 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Other
- N30 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - General, International, or Comparative
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-03-22 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gallegati, Mauro & Keen, Steve & Lux, Thomas & Ormerod, Paul, 2006. "Worrying trends in econophysics," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 370(1), pages 1-6.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.