Higher Education Trends in Eritrea
AbstractHigher education has been viewed as a potential instrument of national economic development. Human resource development in Eritrea is important for making the nation self-reliant thus the efforts are exerted to achieve this objective. However, Eritrea has been facing so many challenges in its way to develop its own human resources. The objective of this paper is to delve the current changes in higher education in the country. An attempt is made to highlight what may be termed as tentative issues and lessons emerging from Eritrean higher education. By way of a summing up, some random thoughts are set out to provoke analysis and debate on the subject.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 12422.
Date of creation: 18 Jul 2007
Date of revision: Sep 2007
Publication status: Published in International Higher Education 2.51(2008): pp. 12-13
Higher education; finance; Eritrea; Asmara University; Human resources;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A23 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Graduate
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education and Research Institutions
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- I22 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Educational Finance
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rena, Ravinder, 2007. "Financing Education And Development In Eritrea – Some Implications," MPRA Paper 11048, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- Rena, Ravinder, 2006. "Higher Education In Africa – A Case Of Eritrea," MPRA Paper 10580, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.