The janus face of race: Rhonda M. Williams on orthodox economics schizophrenia
AbstractThis paper provides an evaluation the intellectual contributions of Rhonda M. Williams. Specifically, we focus on Williams' theoretical and empirical contributions to the political economy of race.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 11334.
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Review of Black Political Economy 4.29(2002): pp. 63-75
intellectual history; black political economy; political economy of race; discrimination;
Other versions of this item:
- Patrick Mason, 2002. "The Janus face of race: Rhonda M. Williams on orthodox economic schizophrenia," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 63-75, March.
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
- B3 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Derek A. Neal & William R. Johnson, 1995.
"The Role of Pre-Market Factors in Black-White Wage Differences,"
NBER Working Papers
5124, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Neal, Derek A & Johnson, William R, 1996. "The Role of Premarket Factors in Black-White Wage Differences," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(5), pages 869-95, October.
- Murphy, Kevin M & Welch, Finis, 1992. "The Structure of Wages," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 107(1), pages 285-326, February.
- David Swinton, 1978. "A labor force competition model of racial discrimination in the labor market," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 5-42, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.