Satisfaction of Patients in Health Care: Some Critical Issues with Research Projects that Measure Satisfaction
AbstractThis paper presents three critical issues that researchers need to consider when preparing a research project that measures the satisfaction of patients in health care. These issues are: the correct interpretation of the research objective and formulation of the research questions, selection the appropriate research design, and the credibility of the research project and its conclusions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by globADVANTAGE, Polytechnic Institute of Leiria in its series Working Papers with number 95.
Date of creation: 01 Sep 2013
Date of revision:
virtual satisfaction of patients; formulating research questions; appropriate research design; credibility of research projects;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M0 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - General
- M1 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2013-09-06 (Health Economics)
- NEP-PPM-2013-09-06 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dustin J. Bluhm & Wendy Harman & Thomas W. Lee & Terence R. Mitchell, 2011. "Qualitative Research in Management: A Decade of Progress," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(8), pages 1866-1891, December.
- Serkan ALTUNTAS & Engin YENER, 2012. "An Approach Based on TRIZ Methodology and SERVQUAL Scale to Improve the Quality of Health-Care Service: A Case Study," Ege Academic Review, Ege University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, vol. 12(1), pages 97-106.
- Zeelenberg, M. & Pieters, R., 2004. "Beyond valence in customer dissatisfaction: A review and new findings on behavioral responses to regret and disappointment in failed services," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-304446, Tilburg University.
- Eugene W. Anderson & Mary W. Sullivan, 1993. "The Antecedents and Consequences of Customer Satisfaction for Firms," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(2), pages 125-143.
- Michael C. Jensen & William H. Meckling, 1994. "The Nature Of Man," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 7(2), pages 4-19.
- Zeelenberg, Marcel & Pieters, Rik, 2004. "Beyond valence in customer dissatisfaction: A review and new findings on behavioral responses to regret and disappointment in failed services," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 445-455, April.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- #HEJC papers for October 2013
by academichealtheconomists in The Academic Health Economists' Blog on 2013-09-30 23:30:26
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nuno Reis).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.