Beyond valence in customer dissatisfaction: A review and new findings on behavioral responses to regret and disappointment in failed services
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Research.
Volume (Year): 57 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zeelenberg, Marcel & van Dijk, Wilco W. & Manstead, Antony S. R., 1998. "Reconsidering the Relation between Regret and Responsibility," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 254-272, June.
- Maute, Manfred F. & Forrester, William Jr., 1993. "The structure and determinants of consumer complaint intentions and behavior," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 219-247, June.
- Simonson, Itamar, 1992. " The Influence of Anticipating Regret and Responsibility on Purchase Decisions," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(1), pages 105-18, June.
- Zeelenberg, M. & Dijk, W.W. van & Manstead, A.S.R., 1998. "Reconsidering the relation between regret and responsibility," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-76941, Tilburg University.
- Pligt, J. van der & Zeelenberg, M. & Dijk, W.W. van & Vries, N.K. de & Richard, R., 1998. "Affect, attitudes and decisions: Let's be more specific," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-76939, Tilburg University.
- Cooke, Alan D J & Meyvis, Tom & Schwartz, Alan, 2001. " Avoiding Future Regret in Purchase-Timing Decisions," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(4), pages 447-59, March.
- Tsiros, Michael, 1998. "Effect of Regret on Post-choice Valuation: The Case of More Than Two Alternatives," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 48-69, October.
- Zeelenberg, M. & Dijk, W.W. van & Manstead, J., 1998. "Reconsidering the relation between regret and responsibility," Discussion Paper 1998-36, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Lassar, Walfried M. & Folkes, Valerie S. & Grewal, Dhruv & Costley, Carolyn, 1998. "Consumer Affective Reactions to Product Problems When the Timing of Warranty Expiration Varies," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 265-270, July.
- van Dijk, Wilco W. & van der Pligt, Joop, 1997. "The Impact of Probability and Magnitude of Outcome on Disappointment and Elation," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 277-284, March.
- Zeelenberg, M. & Pieters, R., 1999. "On service delivery that might have been: Behavioral responses to disappointment and regret," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-80654, Tilburg University.
- Oliver, Richard L, 1993. " Cognitive, Affective, and Attribute BAses of the Satisfaction Response," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(3), pages 418-30, December.
- Tsiros, Michael & Mittal, Vikas, 2000. " Regret: A Model of Its Antecedents and Consequences in Consumer Decision Making," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(4), pages 401-17, March.
- J. Jeffrey Inman & James S. Dyer & Jianmin Jia, 1997. "A Generalized Utility Model of Disappointment and Regret Effects on Post-Choice Valuation," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(2), pages 97-111.
- Westbrook, Robert A, 1980. " Intrapersonal Affective Influences on Consumer Satisfaction with Products," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(1), pages 49-54, June.
- Raghunathan, Rajagopal & Pham, Michel Tuan, 1999. "All Negative Moods Are Not Equal: Motivational Influences of Anxiety and Sadness on Decision Making, , , , ," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 56-77, July.
- Ana B. Casado & Francisco J. Mas & Ricardo Sellers, 2004. "Third-Party Complaints And Firm Performance: An Application In Spanish Banking," Working Papers. Serie EC 2004-01, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Camille Magron & Maxime Merli, 2012. "Stocks repurchase and sophistication of individual investors," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2012-02, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg (France).
- Passos, Gisèle, 2013. "La vengeance du consommateur insatisfait sur Internet et l'effet sur les attitudes des autres consommateurs," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/11827 edited by Le Nagard, Emmanuelle.
- Delacroix, Eva, 2003. "Le regret chez le consommateur : un état de l’art," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4260, Paris Dauphine University.
- Lee, K.M.C. & Kraussl, R.G.W. & Paas, L.J., 2009.
"The effect of anticipated and experienced regret and pride on investors' future selling decisions,"
Serie Research Memoranda
0057, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Roman Kraussl & Carmen Lee & Leo Paas, 2013. "The Effect of Anticipated and Experienced Regret and Pride on Investors Future Selling Decisions," LSF Research Working Paper Series 13-5, Luxembourg School of Finance, University of Luxembourg.
- Lee, Carmen & Kräussl, Roman & Paas, Leo, 2012. "The effect of anticipated and experienced regret and pride on investors' future selling decisions," CFS Working Paper Series 2012/17, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Hinz, Vera & Drevs, Florian & Wehner, Jürgen, 2012. "Electronic word of mouth about medical services," hche Research Papers 2012/05, Hamburg Center for Health Economics (hche), University of Hamburg.
- Carmen Lee & Roman Kraeussl & André Lucas & Leonard J. Paas, 2008. "A Dynamic Model of Investor Decision-Making: How Adaptation to Losses affects Future Selling Decisions," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-112/2, Tinbergen Institute, revised 02 Sep 2013.
- Nur’Hidayah Che Ahmat Author_Email: firstname.lastname@example.org & Salleh Mohd Radzi & Mohd Salehuddin Mohd Zahari & Rosmaliza Muhammad, 2011. "The Effect Of Factors Influencing The Perception Of Price Fairness Towards Customer Response Behaviors," 2nd International Conference on Business and Economic Research (2nd ICBER 2011) Proceeding 2011-169, Conference Master Resources.
- Daniela Raeva & Eric van Dijk & Marcel Zeelenberg, 2011. "How comparing decision outcomes affects subsequent decisions: The carry-over of a comparative mind-set," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 6(4), pages 343-350, June.
- Marcel Zeelenberg & Rob M. A. Nelissen & Seger M. Breugelmans & Rik Pieters, 2008. "On emotion specificity in decision making: why feeling is for doing," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 3, pages 18-27, January.
- Roman Kraussl & Carmen Lee & Leo Paas, 2013. "The Effect of Anticipated and Experienced Regret and Pride on Investors Future Selling Decisions," CREA Discussion Paper Series 13-5, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- S. Steenhaut & P. Van Kenhove, 2006. "The Emotional Experience of Guilt in Ethically Questionable Consumer Situations," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 06/381, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Ronald J. Degen, 2013. "Satisfaction of Patients in Health Care: Some Critical Issues with Research Projects that Measure Satisfaction," Working Papers 95, globADVANTAGE, Polytechnic Institute of Leiria.
- Nur’Hidayah Che Ahmat & Salleh Mohd Radzi & Mohd Salehuddin Mohd Zahari & Rosmaliza Muhammad & Azdel Abdul Aziz & Nor Azmi Ahmad, 2011. "The Effect Of Factors Influencing The Perception Of Price Fairness Towards Customer Response Behaviors," Journal of Global Management, Global Research Agency, vol. 2(1), pages 22-38, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.