The International Economic Environment and the Philippine Economy
AbstractThe Philippines is in the midst of a region where its neighboring countries are on their way to greater economic openness and deeper economic integration. The country has followed suit and is in fact a member of various international trade organizations. This paper focuses on two important developments in the international economic environment facing the country today and tomorrow: openness, integration and globalization and the rise of China and Asia Pacific.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Philippine Institute for Development Studies in its series Discussion Papers with number DP 1998-25.
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
globalization; economic openness; savings mobilization; regional integration;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Reinhart, Carmen & Khan, Mohsin, 1995.
"Capital Flows in the APEC Region,"
8200, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Medalla, Erlinda M. & Intal, Ponciano Jr. S., 1998. "The East Asian Crisis and Philippine Sustainable Development," Discussion Papers, Philippine Institute for Development Studies DP 1998-04, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Jeffrey Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995.
"Economic Reform and the Progress of Global Integration,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research
1733, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995. "Economic Reform and the Process of Global Integration," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(1, 25th A), pages 1-118.
- Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C. & Pernia, Ernesto M., 1999. "Population Growth and Economic Development in the Philippines: What Has Been the Experience and What Must Be Done?," Discussion Papers, Philippine Institute for Development Studies DP 1999-22, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Austria, Myrna S., 1999. "Policy Adjustment to Exploit Opportunities in WTO, APEC and AFTA: Tradable Goods Sector," Discussion Papers, Philippine Institute for Development Studies DP 1999-11, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Mapa, Dennis S. & Briones, Kristine Joy S., 2006. "Measuring the Common Component of Stock Market Fluctuations in the Asia-Pacific Region," MPRA Paper 21247, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.