Sustainability and the Measurement of Wealth
AbstractThe last two decades have witnessed growing concern that the pattern of economic growth in many countries is not sustainable because of the depletion in stocks of many natural resources and the deterioration in the quality of various environmental services. These concerns have helped spawn a growing literature on “sustainable development.” This emerging literature expands traditional growth-accounting approaches by giving considerable attention to natural resource stocks and environmental quality.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by National Institute of Economic and Social Research in its series NIESR Discussion Papers with number 369.
Date of creation: Nov 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 2 Dean Trench Street Smith Square London SW1P 3HE
Web page: http://niesr.ac.uk
Other versions of this item:
- D69 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Other
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- O50 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - General
- Q32 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Exhaustible Resources and Economic Development
- Q39 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Other
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Louis Dupuy, 2012. "International Trade and Sustainability: A survey," Larefi Working Papers 1201, Larefi, Université Bordeaux 4.
- Pender, John L. & Marre, Alexander W. & Reeder, Richard J., 2012. "Rural Wealth Creation Concepts, Strategies, and Measures," Economic Research Report 121860, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Louis Dupuy, 2012. "International Trade and Sustainability : A survey," Working Papers hal-00701426, HAL.
- Simon Baptist & Cameron Hepburn, 2012. "Intermediate inputs and economic productivity," Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment Working Papers 95, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Giuseppe Munda, 2013. "On the Foundations of Well-Being Economics and Policy," UHE Working papers 2013_01, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Departament d'Economia i Història Econòmica, Unitat d'Història Econòmica.
- Prof. Dr. Bernd Meyer & Gerd Ahlert & Roland Zieschank & Prof. Dr. Hans Diefenbacher, 2013. "Basic Structures and Political Implications of a Sustainable Welfare Model," GWS Discussion Paper Series 13-2, GWS - Institute of Economic Structures Research.
- Elettra Agliardi & Mehmet Pinar & Thanasis Stengos, 2013. "A New Index of Environmental Quality Based on Greenhouse Gas Emissions," Working Paper Series 12_13, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Lopez, Ramon E. & Yoon, Sang Won, 2013.
"Sustainable Economic Growth: Structural Transformation with Consumption Flexibility,"
142561, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Ramón López & Sang Won Yoon, 2013. "Sustainable Economic Growth: Structural Transformation with Consumption Flexibility," Working Papers wp375, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Céline Antonin & Thomas Mélonio & Xavier Timbeau, 2012.
"L'epargne nette ré-ajustée,"
Revue de l'OFCE,
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(1), pages 259-286.
- Greasley, David & Hanley, Nicholas & McLaughlin, Eoin & Oxley, Les & Warde, Paul, 2012. "Testing for long-run "sustainability": Genuine Savings estimates for B ritain, 1760-2000," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2012-05, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Caterina Cruciani & Silvio Giove & Mehmet Pinar & Matteo Sostero, 2013.
"Constructing the FEEM Sustainability Index: A Choquet-integral Application,"
2013.16, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Caterina Cruciani & Silvio Giove & Mehmet Pinar & Matteo Sostero, 2012. "Constructing the FEEM Sustainability Index: A Choquet-Integral Application," Working Papers 2012.50, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- repec:laf:wpaper:201201 is not listed on IDEAS
- Partha Dasgupta, 2013. "The Nature of Economic Development and the Economic Development of Nature," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1349, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Mads Greaker & Per Espen Stoknes & Knut H. Alfsen & Torgeir Ericson, 2012.
"A Kantian approach to sustainable development indicators for climate change,"
718, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Greaker, Mads & Stoknes, Per Espen & Alfsen, Knut H. & Ericson, Torgeir, 2013. "A Kantian approach to sustainable development indicators for climate change," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 10-18.
- Martin Visbeck & Ulrike Kronfeld-Goharani & Barbara Neumann & Wilfried Rickels & Jörn Schmidt & Erik van Doorn, 2013. "Establishing a Sustainable Development Goal for Oceans and Coasts to Face the Challenges of our Future Ocean," Kiel Working Papers 1847, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Natina Yaduma & Mika Kortelainen & Ada Wossink, 2013. "An Investigation of Oil Curse in OECD and Non-OECD Oil Exporting Economies Using Green Measures of Income," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1321, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Giuseppe Munda, 2012. "Beyond GDP: Methodological and measurement issues in redefining “wealth”," UHE Working papers 2012_09, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Departament d'Economia i Història Econòmica, Unitat d'Història Econòmica.
- Thomas Melonio & Xavier Timbeau & Céline Antonin, 2011. "L’épargne nette ré-ajustée," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/eu4vqp9ompq, Sciences Po.
- Anna Dimitrova & Katarina Hollan & Daphne Laster & Andreas Reinstaller & Margit Schratzenstaller & Ewald Walterskirchen & Teresa Weiss, 2013. "Literature review on fundamental concepts and definitions, objectives and policy goals as well as instruments relevant for socio-ecological transition," WWWforEurope Working Papers series 40, WWWforEurope.
- Musumba, Mark & Mjelde, James, 2013. "Remitter/Receiver Relations in Africa," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150123, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Communications Manager).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.