World Trade Flows, 1970-1992, with Production and Tariff Data
AbstractThis paper describes two databases dealing with world bilateral trade flows: the World Trade Database (WTDB) assembled by Statistics Canada, which contains bilateral trade flows for all countries over 1970-1992, classified according to the Standard International Trade Classification, Revision 2 (with some modification); and the Compatible Trade and Production (COMTAP) database assembled by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), which contains production of manufactured goods in OECD countries and bilateral trade flows between these countries and all their trading partners over 1970-1985, classified according to the International Standard Industrial Classification, Revision 2. These databases are available to academic users on the CD-ROM. Also contained on the CD-ROM is information on country factor endowments, tariff and non-tariff barriers for selected countries, and input-output tables for the United Kingdom and the United States. The WTDB database is made available under a license with Statistics Canada, the terms of which are described herein, and the COMTAP database is made available by permission of the OECD. A revised version of this data set is available on CD-ROM.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Working Papers with number 5910.
Date of creation: Jan 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C80 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - General
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 1993.
"International Comparisons of Educational Attainment,"
NBER Working Papers
4349, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J. & Lee, Jong-Wha, 1993. "International comparisons of educational attainment," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 363-394, December.
- K.C. Fung, 1996.
"Accounting for Chinese Trade: Some National and Regional Considerations,"
NBER Working Papers
5595, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- K. C. Fung, 1998. "Accounting for Chinese Trade: Some National and Regional Considerations," NBER Chapters, in: Geography and Ownership as Bases for Economic Accounting, pages 173-204 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert M. Lichtenberg, 1959. "The Role of Middleman Transactions in World Trade," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number lich59-1, October.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.