Argentina: Debt and Macroeconomic Instability
AbstractThe paper reviews the Argentine debt experience in the past ten years. The emphasis is on the interaction between relative prices, financial instability, budget .deficits, inflation and debt accumulation. A longer run perspective shows that the continuing fiscal problems have stood in the way of investment and growth.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Working Papers with number 2378.
Date of creation: Feb 1989
Date of revision:
Publication status: published as Rudiger Dornbusch, Juan Carlos de Pablo. "Debt and Macroeconomic Instability in Argentina," in Jeffrey D. Sachs, editor, "Developing Country Debt and the World Economy" University of Chicago Press, 1989 (1989)
Note: ITI IFM
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Summers, Robert & Heston, Alan, 1984. "Improved International Comparisons of Real Product and Its Composition: 1950-1980," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 30(2), pages 207-62, June.
- Fernandez, Roque B., 1985. "The expectations management approach to stabilization in Argentina during 1976-1982," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 13(8), pages 871-892, August.
- Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1991. "The macroeconomics of the public sector deficit : the case of Argentina," Policy Research Working Paper Series 632, The World Bank.
- Basco, Emiliano & D'Amato, Laura & Garegnani, Lorena, 2009. "Understanding the money-prices relationship under low and high inflation regimes: Argentina 1977-2006," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1182-1203, November.
- Reinout De Bock, 2011. "The Cost of Volatile Investment in an Emerging Economy," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(2), pages 1696-1705.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.