Inflation, Portfolio Choice, and the Price of Land and Corporate Stock
AbstractThis paper presents an explicit model of portfolio demand and uses it to show how the rate of inflation and its variances affect the real prices of land and of common stock. The analysis is thus an extension of two of the author's earlier papers which studied how the interaction of inflation and tax rules alter the real prices of land and stock. The analysis shows the importance of going beyond the traditional assumption that netâ€”ofâ€”tax yields are equated for all assets.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Working Papers with number 0526.
Date of creation: Jan 1981
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juliano Junqueira Assunção & Humberto Moreira, 2005.
"Land taxes in a Latin American context,"
Textos para discussÃ£o
497, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Assunção, Juliano Junqueira & Moreira, Humberto Ataíde, 2004. "Land taxes in a Latin American context," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 526, Graduate School of Economics, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Eric M. Engen & William G. Gale & John Karl Scholz, 1996. "The Illusory Effects of Saving Incentives on Saving," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(4), pages 113-138, Fall.
- Eric M. Engen & William G. Gale & John Karl Scholz, 1996. "The Effects of Tax-Based Saving Incentives On Saving and Wealth," NBER Working Papers 5759, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eric M. Engen & William G. Gale, 2000. "The Effects of 401(k) Plans on Household Wealth: Differences Across Earnings Groups," NBER Working Papers 8032, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.