A century of macroeconomic and monetary thought at the National Bank of Belgium
Abstract"A century of macroeconomic and monetary thought at the National Bank of Belgium" traces the history of economic research at the National Bank of Belgium, from the early decades of the 20th century to its present functioning in the Eurosystem. The study also goes into the major economic policy debates, as well as the specific lines of macroeconomic and monetary thinking at the National Bank of Belgium. The focus is very much on the role of the Research Department in policymaking and its dialogue (and debates) with the academic community
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by National Bank of Belgium in its series Working Paper Research with number 188.
Length: 36 pages
Date of creation: Apr 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Boulevard de Berlaimont 14, B-1000 Bruxelles
Phone: (+ 32) (0) 2 221 25 34
Fax: (+ 32) (0) 2 221 31 62
Web page: http://www.nbb.be
More information through EDIRC
National Bank of Belgium; central banking; monetary theory; economic research;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
- B22 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Macroeconomics
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- N10 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - General, International, or Comparative
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2010-05-08 (Central Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2010-05-08 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2010-05-08 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MON-2010-05-08 (Monetary Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ner:leuven:urn:hdl:123456789/419462 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrew B. BERNARD & Emily J. BLANCHARD & Ilke VAN BEVEREN & Hylke Y. VANDENBUSSCHE, 2012.
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
2012020, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Andrew B. Bernard & Emily J. Blanchard & Ilke Van Beveren & Hylke Y. Vandenbussche, 2012. "Carry-Along Trade," NBER Working Papers 18246, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernard, Andrew B. & Blanchard, Emily & van Beveren, Ilke & Vandenbussche, Hylke, 2012. "Carry-Along Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 9067, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ivo Maes, 2012. "On the origins of the Triffin dilemma: Empirical business cycle analysis and imperfect competition theory," Working Paper Research 240, National Bank of Belgium.
- repec:ner:leuven:urn:hdl:123456789/387875 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ner:leuven:urn:hdl:123456789/319741 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ner:leuven:urn:hdl:123456789/387876 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.