L'éducation dans la révolution. Le système éducatif cubain depuis la crise des années 1990
AbstractEducation constitutes one of the fundamental axes of the Cuban socialist development project and one of the means of achieving the goal of equality. In that country, the educational system has the purpose to call into question the capitalist division of labour, as well as the social division resulting from it. The principles which direct the educational policies in Cuba are universalism, exemption from payment and the public character of education. Their application has made it possible to build in the island one of the best educational systems in the world in terms of access and quality. To what extend the dramatic crisis following the dissolution of USSR put at evil the educational sector in Cuba ? In Latin America, the educational services were severely affected by the recent capitalist crises. Nevertheless, Cuba knew to preserve the pillars of its educational system. However, the huge changes occuring in Cuba since the 1990's involved educational transformations, to be explained.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1) in its series Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques with number r06033.
Length: 22 pages
Date of creation: Apr 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 106 - 112 boulevard de l'Hôpital, 75647 Paris cedex 13
Phone: 01 44 07 81 00
Fax: 01 44 07 81 09
Web page: http://mse.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Education; development; social spending; training; employment; equality.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J68 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Public Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre. MONEE project, 1998. "Education for All?," Regional Monitoring Report remore98/3, UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre.
- Éric Mulot, 2001. "De la compensation à la réforme sociale : les politiques éducatives de lutte contre la pauvreté au Guatemala," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 42(168), pages 885-906.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.