A general equilibrium analysis of emission allowances
AbstractEach Party of the Kyoto Protocol on Climate Change must achieve quantified green-house gases emission reduction. one of the major policy instrument to be used to comply with these commitments is the opening of an emission allowances market. This paper analyzes, in the general equilibrium framework, the effects of the opening of such a market on the economic equilibrium.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1) in its series Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques with number b06003.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 106 - 112 boulevard de l'Hôpital, 75647 Paris cedex 13
Phone: 01 44 07 81 00
Fax: 01 44 07 81 09
Web page: http://mse.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
General Equilibrium Theory; emission allowances; general pricing rules; sensitivity.;
Other versions of this item:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D59 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Other
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-03-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2006-03-05 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2006-03-05 (Environmental Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cornet, B., 1984. "Existence of equilibria in economies with increasing returns," CORE Discussion Papers 1984007, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kihlstrom, Richard E & Mas-Colell, Andreu & Sonnenschein, Hugo, 1976. "The Demand Theory of the Weak Axiom of Revealed Preference," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(5), pages 971-78, September.
- BONNISSEAU, Jean-Marc & CORNET, Bernard, .
"Existence of equilibria when firms follow bounded losses pricing rules,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-814, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bonnisseau, Jean-Marc & Cornet, Bernard, 1988. "Existence of equilibria when firms follow bounded losses pricing rules," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 119-147, April.
- Bonnisseau, J.-M. & Cornet, B., 1986. "Existence of equilibria when firms follow bounded losses pricing rules," CORE Discussion Papers 1986007, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jouini, Elyès, 1992. "An index theorem for nonconvex production economies," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5638, Paris Dauphine University.
- Bonnisseau, Jean-Marc & Cornet, Bernard, 1990.
"Existence of Marginal Cost Pricing Equilibria: The Nonsmooth Case,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 31(3), pages 685-708, August.
- Bonnisseau, J.-M. & Cornet, B., 1988. "Existense of marginal cost pricing equilibria: the nonsmooth case," CORE Discussion Papers 1988015, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Alexandrine Jamin, 2003.
"Equilibria with increasing returns : sufficient conditions on bounded production allocations,"
Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques
b05045, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), revised Jun 2005.
- J. M. Bonnisseau & A. Jamin, 2008. "Equilibria with Increasing Returns: Sufficient Conditions on Bounded Production Allocations," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 10(6), pages 1033-1068, December.
- repec:hal:cesptp:hal-00633355 is not listed on IDEAS
- Antoine Mandel, 2009.
"Changes in the firms behavior after the opening of markets of allowances,"
Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 1-25, July.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00155783 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.