Changes in the firms behavior after the opening of an allowance market
AbstractThis paper focuses on the influence of the opening of a market of allowances, such as the European Union Emission Trading Scheme, on the general equilibrium of an economy. Assuming there existed an equilibrium before the opening of this new market, we describe the changes in the firms behavior which guarantee that an equilibrium can be reached in the enlarged economy. The existence of an equilibrium in this framework can then be interpreted as ensuring the economy has the capacity to undergo the opening of allowances without too important modifications in its organisation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) with number halshs-00155783.
Date of creation: May 2007
Date of revision:
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00155783
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
General equilibrium theory; existence of equilibrium; externalities; increasing returns; markets of allowances.;
Other versions of this item:
- Antoine Mandel, 2007. "Changes in the firms behavior after the opening of an allowance market," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne b07027, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- D51 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Exchange and Production Economies
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Antoine Mandel, 2009.
"Changes in the firms behavior after the opening of markets of allowances,"
Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 1-25, July.
- Antoine Mandel, 2009. "Changes in the firms behavior after the opening of markets of allowances," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00633355, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.