Marshall on Custom and Competition
AbstractEntry for the Elgar Companion to Alfred Marshall, edited by Tiziano Raffaelli, Marco Dardi, and Giacomo Becatini, Cheltenham: Edward Elgar 2004
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Munich, Department of Economics in its series Discussion Papers in Economics with number 369.
Date of creation: Jun 2004
Date of revision:
Custom; Competition; Marshall;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B13 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Neoclassical through 1925 (Austrian, Marshallian, Walrasian, Stockholm School)
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
- O17 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Social and Economic Stratification
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, 1998. "On Custom in the Economy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, Oxford University Press, number 9780198292241, October.
- Mokyr, Joel, 1990. "Punctuated Equilibria and Technological Progress," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 350-54, May.
- Ekkehart Schlicht, 2004.
"Social Evolution, Corporate Culture, and Exploitation,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, TÃ¼bingen,
Mohr Siebeck, TÃ¼bingen, vol. 160(2), pages 232-, June.
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, 2002. "Social Evolution, Corporate Culture, and Exploitation," IZA Discussion Papers 651, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Thomas Riechmann, 2007. "An analysis of rent-seeking games with relative-payoff maximizers," Public Choice, Springer, Springer, vol. 133(1), pages 147-155, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandra Frank).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.