Local Aggregation in a Dynamic Setting
AbstractAlthough it is not possible, in general, to give a macro description of a micro model over the entire state space of the micro model, it is possible to aggregate exactly over a subspace. The set of micro states where aggregation is possible forms the aggregation set. The paper considers the local (linear) case. The macro model is chosen such that it gives rise to an aggregation set which is approached by the micro movements as fast as possible. The inferred macro model describes trajectories of the aggregate quantities towards which the "true" trajectories of these quantities, as generated by the micro model, are tending
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Munich, Department of Economics in its series Munich Reprints in Economics with number 3327.
Date of creation: 1990
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Journal of Economics 3 51(1990): pp. 287-305
Other versions of this item:
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1967.
"Distribution of Income and Wealth Among Individuals,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
238, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1969. "Distribution of Income and Wealth among Individuals," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 382-97, July.
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, 1985. "The Local Aggregation Problem," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 38047, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, 1997. "The moving equilibrium theorem again," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 271-278, April.
- Krysiak, Frank C. & Krysiak, Daniela, 2002. "Aggregation of Dynamic Systems and the Existence of a Regeneration Function," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 517-539, November.
- Adolf Wagner, 2004. "Statistische Adäquation bei Fortentwicklung der makrökonomischen Wirtschaftstheorie," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 224(5), pages 612-625, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandra Frank).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.