Bounds in Competing Risks Models and the War on Cancer
AbstractCompeting risks models are fundamentally unidentified. This paper derives bounds for aspects of the underlying distributions under a number of different assumptions. These bounds are then applied to mortality data from the US. We find that trends in cancer show much larger improvements than was previously estimated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics in its series CAM Working Papers with number 2004-08.
Length: 27 pages
Date of creation: Apr 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Øster Farimagsgade 5, Building 26, DK-1353 Copenhagen K., Denmark
Phone: (45) 35 32 30 74
Fax: +45 35 32 30 00
Web page: http://www.econ.ku.dk/CAM/
More information through EDIRC
Bounds; Competing Risks; Cancer;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-09-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2004-09-05 (Econometrics)
- NEP-HEA-2004-09-05 (Health Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrew Chesher, 2002. "Local identification in nonseparable models," CeMMAP working papers CWP05/02, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Bontemps, Christian & Magnac, Thierry & Maurin, Eric, 2007.
"Set Identified Linear Models,"
IDEI Working Papers
494, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Bontemps, Christian & Magnac, Thierry & Maurin, Eric, 2009. "Set Identified Linear Models," TSE Working Papers 09-090, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Christian Bontemps & Thierry Magnac & Eric Maurin, 2011. "Set identified linear models," CeMMAP working papers CWP13/11, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Lee, Sokbae & Wilke, Ralf A., 2005.
"Reform of Unemployment Compensation in Germany: A Nonparametric Bounds Analysis Using Register Data,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
05-29, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Lee, Sokbae & Wilke, Ralf A., 2009. "Reform of Unemployment Compensation in Germany: A Nonparametric Bounds Analysis Using Register Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 27(2), pages 193-205.
- Sokbae 'Simon' Lee & Ralf A. Wilke, 2005. "Reform of unemployment compensation in Germany: a nonparametric bounds analysis using register data," CeMMAP working papers CWP02/05, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Sokbae 'Simon' Lee, 2005.
"Identification of a competing risks model with unknown transformations of latent failure times,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP17/05, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Sokbae Lee, 2006. "Identification of a competing risks model with unknown transformations of latent failure times," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 93(4), pages 996-1002, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Hoffmann).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.