New Aspects of Intra-industry Trade in EU Countries
AbstractThis paper discusses some new evidences on intra-industry trade (IIT). In particular, we focus on EU trade with Eastern European countries, using trade data at HS eight-digit product level for the period 1988 - 2010. Our findings include Eastern European countries' rise up the quality ladder, and by contrast, the substantially lower prices of China's exports to EU countries vis-a-vis China's imports from them. The contrast between EU trade with Eastern European countries and with China is present even in recent years.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Program in its series Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Discussion Paper Series with number 2012-007.
Length: 13 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 2-15-45, Mita, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8345
Web page: http://ies.keio.ac.jp/old_project/old/gcoe-econbus/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Tadashi Ito & Toshihiro Okubo, 2012. "New Aspects of Intra-industry Trade in EU Countries," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(9), pages 1126-1138, 09.
- Ito, Tadashi & Okubo, Toshihiro, 2012. "New aspects of intra-industry trade in EU countries," IDE Discussion Papers 361, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2012-06-25 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-INT-2012-06-25 (International Trade)
- NEP-TRA-2012-06-25 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lionel Fontagné & Michaël Freudenberg & Nicolas Peridy, 1997. "Trade Patterns Inside the Single Market," Working Papers 1997-07, CEPII research center.
- Kyoji Fukao & Hikari Ishido & Keiko Ito, 2003.
"Vertical Intra-Industry Trade and Foreign Direct Investment in East Asia,"
03001, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Fukao, Kyoji & Ishido, Hikari & Ito, Keiko, 2003. "Vertical intra-industry trade and foreign direct investment in East Asia," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 468-506, December.
- Fukao, Kyoji & Ishido, Hikari & Ito, Keiko, 2003. "Vertical Intra-Industry Trade and Foreign Direct Investment in East Asia," Discussion Paper Series a434, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Ana I. Moro & Juliette Milgram, 2008.
"The Asymmetric Effect of Endowments on Vertical Intra-Industrial Trade,"
Working Papers. Serie EC
2008-13, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Juliette Milgram-Baleix & Ana I. Moro-Egido, 2010. "The Asymmetric Effect of Endowments on Vertical Intra-industrial Trade," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(5), pages 746-777, 05.
- Lionel Fontagné & Michaël Freudenberg, 1997. "Intra-Industry Trade: Methodological Issues Reconsidered," Working Papers 1997-01, CEPII research center.
- Ando, Mitsuyo, 2006. "Fragmentation and vertical intra-industry trade in East Asia," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 257-281, December.
- Toshihiro Okubo, 2007. "Intra-industry Trade, Reconsidered: The Role of Technology Transfer and Foreign Direct Investment," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(12), pages 1855-1876, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Global COE Program Office).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.