Entrepreneurship and Innovation Policy
AbstractWhat is meant by entrepreneurship, innovation and economic growth is often not clear or very idiosyncratic. This paper starts with a discussion of the nature of entrepreneurship and its relation to innovation. The second section provides an overview of theory and empirical research on the relation between entrepreneurship, innovation and economic growth. The paper continues with a study on entrepreneurship and innovation in the Netherlands in an international and historical perspective. After these conceptual, theoretical and empirical investigations, we turn to policy issues.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics in its series Jena Economic Research Papers with number 2008-006.
Date of creation: 30 Jan 2008
Date of revision:
entrepreneurship; innovation policy; innovation systems; the Netherlands;
Other versions of this item:
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- L53 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Enterprise Policy
- O12 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O38 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-02-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2008-02-09 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-INO-2008-02-09 (Innovation)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bögenhold, Dieter & Fachinger, Uwe, 2010. "How Diverse is Entrepreneurship? Observations on the social heterogeneity of self-employment in Germany," MPRA Paper 23271, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bögenhold, Dieter & Heinonen, Jarna & Akola, Elisa, 2013. "Entrepreneurship and Independent Professionals: Why do Professionals not meet with Stereotypes of Entrepreneurship?," MPRA Paper 51529, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Raspe, Otto & van Oort, Frank, 2008. "Firm Growth and Localized Knowledge Externalities," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 38(2).
- Bögenhold, Dieter & Fachinger, Uwe, 2009. "Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Spatial Disparities: Divisions and Changes of Self-employment and Firms," MPRA Paper 19245, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stam, Erik & Stel, Andre van, 2009.
"Types of Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth,"
MERIT Working Papers
049, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Christian Schubert, 2012. "Is novelty always a good thing? Towards an evolutionary welfare economics," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 585-619, July.
- Jeroen de Jong & Sander Wennekers, 2008. "Intrapreneurship; Conceptualizing entrepreneurial employee behaviour," Scales Research Reports H200802, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Bashir, Jibran & Afzal, Sara, 2009. "Adding intrapreneurial role in HR business partner model: (an extension in the HR business partner model)," MPRA Paper 37351, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Otto Raspe & Frank Oort, 2011. "Growth of new firms and spatially bounded knowledge externalities," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 495-518, June.
- Jean Bonnet & Marcus Dejardin & Antonia Madrid-Guijarro, 2012. "Toward the Entrepreneurial Society," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201231, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.