Oligopolistic Competition Among Groups
AbstractIn this paper we study an oligopolistic equilibria in which (possibly few) corporations can create as many firms as they like. It is shown by means of two examples that under constant returns to scale, Subgame Perfect Nash Equilibria implies perf ect competition.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie) in its series Working Papers. Serie AD with number 1991-05.
Length: 16 pages
Date of creation: Jan 1991
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published by Ivie
Other versions of this item:
- Corchón, Luis C., . "Oligopolistic Competition Among Groups," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/4335, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Corchón, Luis C., . "Oligopolistic competition among groups," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/4205, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baye, Michael R. & Crocker, Keith J. & Ju, Jiandong, 1996. "Divisionalization and franchising incentives with integral competing units," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 429-435, March.
- Joao Carlos Correia Leitao, 2004. "Optimal Divisionalization for Selling Networks of Cable Television Services," Industrial Organization 0403004, EconWPA.
- Arora, Ashish & Fosfuri, Andrea, 1999.
"Licensing the Market for Technology,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2284, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Arora, Ashish & Fosfuri, Andrea, 2003. "Licensing the market for technology," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/13388, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Tan, Guofu & Yuan, Lasheng, 2003. "Strategic incentives of divestitures of competing conglomerates," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 673-697, May.
- Ziss, Steffen, 2007. "Hierarchies, intra-firm competition and mergers," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 237-260, April.
- A. Mukherjee & U. Broll & S. Mukherjee, 2008. "Unionized labor market and licensing by a monopolist," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 93(1), pages 59-79, February.
- Kazumichi, Iwasa & Toru, Kikuchi, 2007. "Cost Hetrogeneity and Strategic Divisionalization," MPRA Paper 5693, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Miguel González-Maestre, 1993. "Divisionalization In Markets With Hetergeneous Goods," Working Papers. Serie AD 1993-12, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Iwasa, Kazumichi & Kikuchi, Toru, 2007. "Strategic Divisionalization, Product Differentiation and International Competition," MPRA Paper 5120, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ziss, Steffen, 1998. "Divisionalization and product differentiation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 133-138, April.
- Mukherjee, Soma & Broll, Udo & Mukherjee, Arijit, 2007. "Licensing by a monopolist and unionized labor market," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 09/07, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Ziss, Steffen, 1999. "Divisionalization and strategic managerial incentives in oligopoly under uncertainty," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(8), pages 1163-1187, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Departamento de Edición).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.