Monetary Policy and Financial Sector Reform for Employment Creation and Poverty Reduction in Ghana
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth in its series Country Study with number 2.
Date of creation: Jun 2006
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published by UNDP - International Poverty Centre, June 2006, pages 1-55
Monetary Policy Financial Sector; Reform; Ghana;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2007-07-07 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2007-07-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2007-07-07 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2007-07-07 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2007-07-07 (Monetary Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Johan Mathisen & Thierry D. Buchs, 2005. "Competition and Efficiency in Banking: Behavioral Evidence from Ghana," IMF Working Papers 05/17, International Monetary Fund.
- Laurence Ball, 1993.
"What determines the sacrifice ratio?,"
93-21, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Corrinne Ho & Robert N. McCauley, 2003. "Living with flexible exchange rates: issues and recent experience in inflation targeting emerging market economies," BIS Working Papers 130, Bank for International Settlements.
- Harrison, Ann, 1991.
"Openness and growth : a time series, cross-country analysis for developing countries,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
809, The World Bank.
- Harrison, Ann, 1996. "Openness and growth: A time-series, cross-country analysis for developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 419-447, March.
- Ann Harrison, 1995. "Openness and Growth: A Time-Series, Cross-Country Analysis for Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 5221, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frederic S. Mishkin & Adam S. Posen, 1997.
"Inflation targeting: lessons from four countries,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Aug, pages 9-110.
- Aryeetey, Ernest & Udry, Christopher, 1997. "The Characteristics of Informal Financial Markets in Sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 6(1), pages 161-203, March.
- Mario I. Blejer & Alfredo M. Leone & Pau Rabanal & Gerd Schwartz, 2002.
"Inflation Targeting in the Context of IMF-Supported Adjustment Programs,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 49(3), pages 2.
- Mario Blejer & Alfredo Leone & Pau Rabanal & Gerd Schwartz, 2002. "Inflation Targeting in the Context of IMF-Supported Adjustment Programs," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Norman Loayza & Raimundo Soto & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Series Editor) (ed.), Inflation Targeting: Desing, Performance, Challenges, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 10, pages 439-464 Central Bank of Chile.
- Mario I. Blejer & Alfredo M. Leone & Pau Rabanal & Gerd Schwartz, 2001. "Inflation Targeting in the Context of IMF-Supported Adjustment Programs," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 116, Central Bank of Chile.
- Gerd Schwartz & Pau Rabanal & Mario I. BlÃ©jer & Alfredo Mario Leone, 2001. "Inflation Targeting in the Context of IMF-Supported Adjustment Programs," IMF Working Papers 01/31, International Monetary Fund.
- corrinne ho & robert n mccauley, 2004. "Living with flexible exchange rates:," International Finance 0411003, EconWPA.
- Fergus Lyon, 2003. "Trader associations and urban food systems in Ghana: institutionalist approaches to understanding urban collective action," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(1), pages 11-23, 03.
- Easterly, William, 2006. "An identity crisis? Examining IMF financial programming," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 964-980, June.
- Gerald Epstein, 2003. "Alternatives to Inflation Targeting Monetary Policy for Stable and Egalitarian Growth: A Brief Research Summary," Working Papers wp62, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Ocampo, Jose Antonio, 2002. "Capital-Account and Counter-Cyclical Prudential Regulations in Developing Countries," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- International Monetary Fund, 2004. "Ghana: Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper Annual Progress Report," IMF Staff Country Reports 04/207, International Monetary Fund.
- Ndikumana, Leonce, 2000. "Financial Determinants of Domestic Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Panel Data," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 381-400, February.
- Ernest Aryeetey, 2003. "Recent Developments in African Financial Markets: Agenda for Further Research," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 12(Supplemen), pages 111-152, September.
- Gerald Epstein & Ilene Grabel, 2007. "Financial Policy," Publications 3, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- van Waeyenberge, Elisa & Bargawi, Hannah, 2011. "Macroeconomic policy for "full and productive employment and decent work for all" : Uganda country study," ILO Working Papers 465873, International Labour Organization.
- Gerald Epstein, 2009. "Rethinking Monetary and Financial Policy: Practical suggestions for monitoring financial stability while generating employment and poverty reduction," Published Studies ilo_epstein11_09, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andre Lyra).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.