LR cointegration tests when some cointegrating relations are known
AbstractThis paper considers the asymptotic analysis of the likelihood ratio (LR), cointegration (CI) rank test in vector autoregressive models (VAR) when some CI vectors are known and fixed. It is shown that the limit law is free of nuisance parameters. In the case of LR tests against the alternative of completely unrestricted CI space, the limit law can be expressed as the convolution of known distributions. This deconvolution is employed to approximate the quantiles of the distribution, without resorting to new simulations.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Insubria in its series Economics and Quantitative Methods with number qf0106.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Ravasi 2-21100 Varese
Web page: http://www.uninsubria.it/uninsubria/facolta/econo.html
More information through EDIRC
cointegration; likelihood ratio; unit roots;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giuseppe Cavaliere & Luca Fanelli & Paolo Paruolo, 2009. "Tests for cointegration rank and choice of the alternative," Statistical Methods and Applications, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 169-191, July.
- Omtzigt Pieter, 2002. "Automatic identification and restriction of the cointegration space," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf0213, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Cavaliere Giuseppe & Fanelli Luca & Paruolo Paolo, 2001. "Determining the number of cointegrating relations under rank constraints," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf0109, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Roger Hammersland, 2004. "Large T and small N : A three-step approach to the identification of cointegrating relationships in time series models with a small cross-sectional dimension," Working Paper 2004/15, Norges Bank.
- Bertocco Giancarlo & Fanelli Luca & Paruolo Paolo, 2002. "On the determinants of inflation in Italy: evidence of cost-push effects before the European Monetary Union," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf0223, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Segreteria Dipartimento).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.