The Granger Non-Causality Test in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressions
AbstractIn general, Wald tests for the Granger non-causality in vector autoregressive (VAR) process are known to have non-standard asymptotic properties for cointegrated systems. However, that may have standard asymptotic properties depending on the rank of the submatrix of cointegration. In this paper, we propose a procedure for conducting Granger non-causality tests that are based on discrimination of these asymptotic properties. This paper also investigate the finite sample performance of our testing procedure, and compare the testing procedure with conventional causality tests in levels VAR’s.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University in its series Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series with number d03-07.
Date of creation: Dec 2003
Date of revision:
Vector autoregression; Cointegration; Granger causality; Hypothesis testing;
Other versions of this item:
- Chigira, Hiroaki & Yamamoto, Taku, 2003. "The Granger Non-Causality Test in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressions," Discussion Papers 2003-13, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-01-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2004-01-05 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2004-01-05 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-RMG-2004-01-05 (Risk Management)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yiannis Kamarianakis & Vagelis Kaslis, 2005. "Geographical competition-complementarity relationships between Greek regional economies," ERSA conference papers ersa05p552, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tatsuji Makino).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.