Geographical competition-complementarity relationships between Greek regional economies
AbstractThis paper examines the nature of interregional competition and complementarity in Greece. Covering the 1975-2002 period, the analysis provides a picture of the interregional interactions by focusing on derived linkages between the regional economies. The adopted methodology combines previous approaches based on the Dendrinos-Sonis model (e.g. Nazara et al 2002, Bonet 2003) and a cointegration modeling framework (Marquez and Hewings, 2003). A sensitivity analysis of the model coefficients that designate competition or complementarity, with respect to time, is undertaken as well.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Regional Science Association in its series ERSA conference papers with number ersa05p552.
Date of creation: Aug 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Welthandelsplatz 1, 1020 Vienna, Austria
Web page: http://www.ersa.org
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bruneau, Catherine & Jondeau, Eric, 1999.
" Long-Run Causality, with an Application to International Links between Long-Term Interest Rates,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(4), pages 545-68, November.
- C. Bruneau & E. Jondeau, 1997. "Long-run causality, with an application to international links between long-term interest rates," THEMA Working Papers 97-26, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Bruneau, C. & Jondeau, E., 1998. "Long-Run Causality, with an Application to International Links Between Long-Term Interest Rates," Working papers 53, Banque de France.
- Chigira, Hiroaki & Yamamoto, Taku, 2003.
"The Granger Non-Causality Test in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressions,"
2003-13, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Hiroaki Chigira & Taku Yamamoto, 2003. "The Granger Non-Causality Test in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressions," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d03-07, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- DUFOUR, Jean-Marie & PELLETIER, Denis & RENAULT, Éric, 2003.
"Short Run and Long Run Causality in Time Series : Inference,"
Cahiers de recherche
14-2003, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Dufour, Jean-Marie & Pelletier, Denis & Renault, Eric, 2006. "Short run and long run causality in time series: inference," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 337-362, June.
- DUFOUR, Jean-Marie & PELLETIER, Denis & RENAULT, Éric, 2003. "Short run and long run causality in time series: Inference," Cahiers de recherche 2003-16, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Jean-Marie Dufour & Denis Pelletier & Éric Renault, 2003. "Short Run and Long Run Causality in Time Series: Inference," CIRANO Working Papers 2003s-61, CIRANO.
- Sandy Dall’erba, 2004.
"Competition, complementarity and increasing disparities among the Regions of Spain and Portugal,"
Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine,
Armand Colin, vol. 0(2), pages 311-330.
- Sandy Dall'erba, 2003. "Competition, Complementarity and Increasing Disparities Among the Regions of Spain and Portugal," ERSA conference papers ersa03p135, European Regional Science Association.
- Costas Siriopoulos Shaw & Dimitrios Asteriou, 1998. "Testing for Convergence Across the Greek Regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(6), pages 537-546.
- Yamamoto, Taku & Kurozumi, Eiji, 2003.
"Tests for Long-Run Granger Non-Causality in Cointegrated Systems,"
2003-12, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Taku Yamamoto & Eiji Kurozumi, 2006. "Tests for Long-Run Granger Non-Causality in Cointegrated Systems," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(5), pages 703-723, 09.
- Taku Yamamoto & Eiji Kurozumi, 2003. "Tests for Long-Run Granger Non-Causality in Cointegrated Systems," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d03-01, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Jaime Bonet, 2003. "Colombian regions: Competitive or complementary?," REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Toda, Hiro Y & Phillips, Peter C B, 1993.
"Vector Autoregressions and Causality,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(6), pages 1367-93, November.
- Miguel A. Márquez & Geoffrey J.D. Hewings, 2003. "Geographical competition between regional economies: The case of Spain," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 559-580, December.
- Miguel A M�rquez & Juli�n Ramajo & Geoffrey J D Hewings, 2006. "Dynamic effects within a regional system: an empirical approach," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 38(4), pages 711-732, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.