Dynamic cost-benefit analysis of large projects: The role of capital cost
AbstractThis paper derives a dynamic cost-bene…t rule for evaluating large projects.We show that, in addition to the conventional income and consumer surplus measures, the rule also entails an extra term involving capital cost changes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Uppsala University, Department of Economics in its series Working Paper Series with number 2010:15.
Length: 8 pages
Date of creation: 26 May 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, Uppsala University, P. O. Box 513, SE-751 20 Uppsala, Sweden
Phone: + 46 18 471 25 00
Fax: + 46 18 471 14 78
Web page: http://www.nek.uu.se/
More information through EDIRC
cost-benefit rule; large project; capital cost;
Other versions of this item:
- Li, Chuan-Zhong & Löfgren, Karl-Gustaf, 2010. "Dynamic cost-benefit analysis of large projects: The role of capital cost," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 128-130, November.
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- D90 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice - - - General
- H40 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Asheim, G.B., 1998.
"Green National Accounting: Why and How?,"
08/1998, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Weitzman, Martin L, 2001. " A Contribution to the Theory of Welfare Accounting," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 103(1), pages 1-23, March.
- Kenneth Arrow & Partha Dasgupta & Karl-Göran Mäler, 2003.
"Evaluating Projects and Assessing Sustainable Development in Imperfect Economies,"
2003.109, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Kenneth Arrow & Partha Dasgupta & Karl-Göran Mäler, 2003. "Evaluating Projects and Assessing Sustainable Development in Imperfect Economies," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 26(4), pages 647-685, December.
- Li, Chuan-Zhong & Löfgren, Karl-Gustaf, 2003.
"Evaluating Projects in a Dynamic Economy: Some New Envelope Results,"
UmeÃ¥ Economic Studies
613, Umeå University, Department of Economics, revised 04 Dec 2006.
- Chuan-Zhong Li & Karl-Gustaf Löfgren, 2008. "Evaluating Projects in a Dynamic Economy: Some New Envelope Results," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9, pages 1-16, 02.
- Dixit, Avinash & Hammond, Peter & Hoel, Michael, 1980. "On Hartwick's Rule for Regular Maximin Paths of Capital Accumulation and Resource Depletion," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(3), pages 551-56, April.
- Dreze, Jean & Stern, Nicholas, 1987. "The theory of cost-benefit analysis," Handbook of Public Economics, in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 14, pages 909-989 Elsevier.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katarina Grönvall).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.