Wavelet Based Outlier Correction for Power Controlled Turning Point Detection in Surveillance Systems
AbstractDetection turning points in unimodel has various applications to time series which have cyclic periods. Related techniques are widely explored in the field of statistical surveillance, that is, on-line turning point detection procedures. This paper will first present a power controlled turning point detection method based on the theory of the likelihood ratio test in statistical surveillance. Next we show how outliers will influence the performance of this methodology. Due to the sensitivity of the surveillance system to outliers, we finally present a wavelet multiresolution (MRA) based outlier elimination approach, which can be combined with the on-line turning point detection process and will then alleviate the false alarm problem introduced by the outliers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Lund University, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 2012:12.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: 21 May 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, School of Economics and Management, Lund University, Box 7082, S-220 07 Lund,Sweden
Phone: +46 +46 222 0000
Fax: +46 +46 2224613
Web page: http://www.nek.lu.se/en
More information through EDIRC
Unimodel; Turning point; Statistical Surveillance; Outlier; Wavelet multiresolution; Threshold;
Other versions of this item:
- Li, Yushu, 2013. "Wavelet based outlier correction for power controlled turning point detection in surveillance systems," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 317-321.
- Yushu Li, 2011. "Wavelet Based Outlier Correction for Power Controlled Turning Point Detection in Surveillance Systems," CREATES Research Papers 2011-29, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ling, Shiqing & Li, W.K., 2003. "Asymptotic Inference For Unit Root Processes With Garch(1,1) Errors," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(04), pages 541-564, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Edgerton).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.